Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would Apple ever recommend a company called Techqure LLC?

a work colleague has said that their iMac came up with a popup saying that it was infected. Long story short they rang a number which I believe was on the popup claiming to be Apple, who said that although they could not do anything they recommend a 3rd party company called Techqure LLC. This 3rd party company removed the alleged virus for a fee of $499 US. It reeks of a scam to me but wanted to confirm with others first,

thanks in advance.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 1:49 AM

10 replies

May 19, 2017 12:06 PM in response to mbremner

I got ripped of by this company in December 2015. They called me again in May 19th 2017 said my computer was infected. I called apple they said it was a con. apple told me to download a FREE anti malware called Malwarebytes for mac, I installed it and it had some malware so it that allowed that company to have information about me.

Jul 21, 2017 6:55 AM in response to Perkyboy

Hi. I have the same experience as you. And I called the apple, they also told me to download the anti malware called Malwarebytes. Is the software safe enough to resist the virus from the company TechQure? Will it allow the company to have information about me? And can I ask did you successfully get your money back?

Jul 21, 2017 7:54 AM in response to zslt

How can I ensure no remnants (installed by that company) left in my computer?

If you allowed them to install software on your machine then you must assume that your security is seriously compromised.

1. back up your data. Then a second one for safety.

2. Erase the hard drive.

3. Reinstall the OS and applications only from original sources.

4. Change all your passwords. If you have credit or debit card informations stored on your mac, replace those too.

Would Apple ever recommend a company called Techqure LLC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.