Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Sharing

How can I share just my music with my husband and daughter and not everything else? I do not want to share photos, calendar, location, apps or books! I use to be able to do this and now I can not. Shame on Apple for taking this away.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 6:34 AM

2 replies

Aug 19, 2015 7:13 AM in response to Navy4life92

Hey Navy4life92,

From your question, it sounds like you are part of a Family Sharing group, but want only some of the available items to be shared with the rest of your family, is that correct?

Normally all purchases from the various content stores such as the iTunes Store made by members of a family are made available to the rest of the family to download. It is possible, however, to hide some or all of your purchases so that they are not available to other family group members. These articles explain how to do so -

Hide and unhide purchases in the iTunes Store

Hide and unhide purchases in the Mac App Store

Family Sharing also makes it possible to share things such as a family calendar, a family photo album, locations of family members, etc. Participation in these is not mandatory, however. You do not have to use the shared photo album, for instance, or can use it only for selected photos. You can use a private calendar and only use the Family calendar for family events. See this article for an overview of Family Sharing and its possibilities - Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

You can turn off location sharing. Family Sharing and location.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing.

Music Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.