Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming Movie from Mini to Apple TV 3 stops

Dear Forum

i stream movies internally from my Mac Mini via iTunes to my ATV3, all Hard Wired. The Mac is hardwired to the Router and the ATV3 hard wired to the Router also.

recently i notice that Video i stream from Mini stops. it simply reverts back to the selection screen on ATV3. it doesn't freeze or slow or buffer. it simply shows the selection screen on the item i was playing.

Any ideas why its doing this?

Apple TV 3-OTHER

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 3:27 AM

4 replies

Aug 23, 2015 8:15 AM in response to Rudegar

everything i wired in.

difficult to change one cable as its 25m long.

ill look at the wifi thing.

i know this is going to sound weird but ive seen this happen... it does it when my devices in my house, ipad and iphone, produce a reminder. so say at 5pm i have a cal reminder set up, the ATV3 stops then a second later the devices ping with their reminder alarm. its not only when it does this but ive seen it happen and made it happen. Dont really know what that could tell me? i dont know what network resource alarms and reminders for IOS devices inhouse use?!??!

with the above, and me using the network for other stuff, it does seem the ATV3 cuts out when using a lot of the network, wifi and wired... how would i see that? any apps that can tell me precisely whats happening on my network and for ATVs? i see most apps cant track ATV usage...

Streaming Movie from Mini to Apple TV 3 stops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.