Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 wifi drops after updating to 8.4/8.4.1

Hi,

After updating to ios 8.4 / 8.41 this problem started:

iPhone 6, ios 8.4.1, connects to wifi and after some time the icon is there but there is no network. I have to disconnect the wifi and turn it on again.

it happens only at my home router (cisco) not at my working place (apple tc)

i have recently changed to another iphone 6 and the problem is still there. i have an iphone 4S too and a mac here and no problem at all.

this tells me that the issue is with ios 8.4/8.4.1 and the iphone 6!

I tried all the recommendations(reset network settings, iCloud restore, even changing to a new iPhone 6, etc) and nothing works

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 9:56 AM

9 replies

Aug 20, 2015 9:58 AM in response to João Nunes

Hello, João Nunes.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your iPhone 6 will drop from Wi-Fi. You have tried great troubleshooting steps and after review, I believe the issue would be with your router or router settings. Here are a couple of the things that lead me to believe that the issue would be with the network. The iPhone will connect to another know good network and this issue persisted with another iPhone 6. Also, the wireless communication technologies are different between the iPhone 4s and iPhone 6. I would start with making sure your router firmware has been updated and that the settings have been optimized per the article below. You may have to reach out to Cisco for assistance with making adjustments to your router.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

If the issue persists after making the adjustments to your router, please reply back and we can pursue other options.

Cheers

Sep 3, 2015 3:24 PM in response to João Nunes

Same issue for my iPhone 6 64go :

8.4 = No more GPS signal (no fix work for mine, neither full restore as new iphone)

8.4.1 = Very variable Wifi signal attenuation on a lot of wifi spot (no issues with other phone, tablet, computer...)

Seems to be a serious issue software vs controler component

I'm waiting 5 more day for IOS9 final release hoping it will fix that damend 8.x.x series...

Iphone 6 wifi drops after updating to 8.4/8.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.