Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 1st generation iMac running Yosemite. I need to empty the trash to reinstall the operating system. The hard drive only holds 500 GB and it is full. The problem is Secure Empty Trash is the only way of emptying the trash and it is not working

I have a 1st generation iMac running Yosemite. I need to empty the trash to reinstall the operating system. The hard drive only holds 500 GB and it is full. The problem is Secure Empty Trash is the only way of emptying the trash and it is not working. The Empty Trash selection in the finder menus does not show and is unavailable. Help !!!

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 10:32 AM

2 replies

I have a 1st generation iMac running Yosemite. I need to empty the trash to reinstall the operating system. The hard drive only holds 500 GB and it is full. The problem is Secure Empty Trash is the only way of emptying the trash and it is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.