Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone number appears as iCloud email address

On my Verizon 6s, when I send texts, the receiver states that my iCloud email address appears as the sender, not my phone number. Any way to correct that? Also, why does an incoming call from a contact that has an iPhone (and set up that way in the contact) appear as the "home" phone number?

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 11:56 AM

Hi, rogsmith34.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I see you have questions regarding iMessage and a contact label. If a contact has a wrong label, you can change this label via the steps quoted below.

Change a label. If a field has the wrong label, such as Home instead of Work, tap Edit. Then tap the label and choose one from the list, or tap Add Custom Label to create one of your own.

Contacts at a glance

You can also change what contact iMessage uses to start conversations from. To change this information, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and make sure that your phone number is select under Start New Conversations From. After you make this change I would suggest that you start a new conversation via Messages. If your phone number is not listed as an option to select, take a look at the troubleshooting steps below.

Phone number missing on iPad or iPod touch

If your phone number isn't listed on an iPod touch or iPad, follow these steps:

1. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  2. Verify that you're using the same Apple ID that you're using on your iPhone.
  3. On your iPad or iPod touch, sign out of your Apple ID in the following locations:
    • Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    • Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  4. Sign in to your Apple ID with FaceTime and iMessage.

If your phone number still isn't listed, follow these steps:

1. Sign out of your Apple ID on all iOS devices, including your iPhone, in the following locations:
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID on your iPhone.
  3. When activation is complete, your Apple ID and all verified email addresses should be visible in Settings > Messages > Receive At and Settings > FaceTime.
  4. Sign in to your Apple ID on your other iOS devices.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

Regards

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2015 11:56 AM in response to rogsmith34

Hi, rogsmith34.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I see you have questions regarding iMessage and a contact label. If a contact has a wrong label, you can change this label via the steps quoted below.

Change a label. If a field has the wrong label, such as Home instead of Work, tap Edit. Then tap the label and choose one from the list, or tap Add Custom Label to create one of your own.

Contacts at a glance

You can also change what contact iMessage uses to start conversations from. To change this information, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and make sure that your phone number is select under Start New Conversations From. After you make this change I would suggest that you start a new conversation via Messages. If your phone number is not listed as an option to select, take a look at the troubleshooting steps below.

Phone number missing on iPad or iPod touch

If your phone number isn't listed on an iPod touch or iPad, follow these steps:

1. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  2. Verify that you're using the same Apple ID that you're using on your iPhone.
  3. On your iPad or iPod touch, sign out of your Apple ID in the following locations:
  4. Sign in to your Apple ID with FaceTime and iMessage.

If your phone number still isn't listed, follow these steps:

1. Sign out of your Apple ID on all iOS devices, including your iPhone, in the following locations:
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID on your iPhone.
  3. When activation is complete, your Apple ID and all verified email addresses should be visible in Settings > Messages > Receive At and Settings > FaceTime.
  4. Sign in to your Apple ID on your other iOS devices.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

Regards

Phone number appears as iCloud email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.