Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook pro clicks upon start up?

I have a MacBook Pro, Late 2011 model. I noticed this week that my computer battery was not lasting very long, and that it also was heating up a fair amount. I hadn't restarted it in a while so I did that to see if I could rectify the problem. When I restarted it there was a series of maybe 4 clicks along with the usual sound that it makes. My hard drive is an SSD and its only a couple of months old. I thankfully have a warranty on it in case it is my hard drive. Does anyone think they know what's wrong with my computer?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 5:17 PM

4 replies

Aug 25, 2015 5:58 PM in response to seveer4444

Well the clicks could be from the fans. Hard to tell. You can take your Macbook Pro to an Apple Store or an AASP for them to check.

To check the status of your battery - Apple/About This Mac/More Info/Hardware/Power/Battery Information - copy and paste the information here. Do not include any serial numbers.

User uploaded file

My macbook pro clicks upon start up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.