Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod nano, gen 7, keeps turning off and on. It will not reset and will not stay on long enough for iTunes to recognize it. Help please.

My iPod nano, gen 7, keeps turning off and on. It will not reset and will not stay on long enough for iTunes to recognize it. How can I fix this?

iPod nano, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 7th gen

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 7:08 AM

Hi there Linda,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPod nano is resetting unexpectedly and you're not able to use it or restore it with iTunes on your Mac. If you haven't already, try putting your iPod nano into Disk Mode as shown here:

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

iPod nano (7th generation)

1. Before placing the iPod into Disk Mode, verify that it has a charge.
  2. Reset the device by pressing the Sleep and Home buttons simultaneously until the display shows the Apple logo. This should take about eight seconds.
  3. When the Apple logo appears, press and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons simultaneously until the device enters Disk Mode.

Then try to restore the iPod as shown here:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Ciao.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2015 7:08 AM in response to linda29

Hi there Linda,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPod nano is resetting unexpectedly and you're not able to use it or restore it with iTunes on your Mac. If you haven't already, try putting your iPod nano into Disk Mode as shown here:

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

iPod nano (7th generation)

1. Before placing the iPod into Disk Mode, verify that it has a charge.
  2. Reset the device by pressing the Sleep and Home buttons simultaneously until the display shows the Apple logo. This should take about eight seconds.
  3. When the Apple logo appears, press and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons simultaneously until the device enters Disk Mode.

Then try to restore the iPod as shown here:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Ciao.

My iPod nano, gen 7, keeps turning off and on. It will not reset and will not stay on long enough for iTunes to recognize it. Help please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.