Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having problems downloading garageband 7

paid 4.99 for garageband but gives me a download error. Can someone help please?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), intel core Duo, 3.06GHz, 4GB memory

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 7:01 PM

4 replies

Aug 20, 2015 7:23 AM in response to rolandm

Hello rolandm,

When you state you are having problems downloading GarageBand 7, does that really mean the latest version? GarageBand 10.1

Please check out

Troubleshooting the Mac App Store - Apple Support

And although this article mentions downloading music, the troubleshooting applies to the Mac App store as well.

If you see an alert in iTunes that says "There was an error downloading your purchased music" - Apple Support

Take care.

Aug 21, 2015 10:47 AM in response to Nubz N.

Nubz N, thanks for trying to help. Heres the story. I have garageband 11 vers. 6.0.5. upon opening it I had a message come up and tell me about a new version of gb so I clicked on it and it sent me to the store, I purchased it for 4.99 but I just can't get it to download. I keep getting this message: an error has occurred and for me to use the purchase page and try again and again but still no luck. The screen shot of the gb is different than mine. The interface is different, controls are on top instead of on the bottom, colors are different so I thought I'd try it but now I'm in this fix. Hope this info helps.

having problems downloading garageband 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.