Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

plugin effect automation via midi controller stopped working

Hello. My midi controllable effects plugins such as NI Guitar Rig 5 or Zebrify no longer respond to midi controllers on instrument tracks. I've tried trashing the preferences and restarting Logic, but it still isn't working. It appears Logic isn't even passing through midi control to plugin, since when I click "learn" on a controller in the plugin window no controller is assigned. This is the first time I've come across this issue, perhaps a recent update?

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 9:05 PM

5 replies

Aug 19, 2015 10:55 AM in response to BenB

Did you also trash the .cs preferences file?

User uploaded file

Also, check the Controller Assignments window (before you trash the cs file)

Another way of trouble shooting is to follow the MIDI signal path, to see where it "disappears". In the Environment, put Monitor Objects between objects (Physical Input, Channel Strips, etc) to see the MIDI data.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Aug 27, 2015 8:28 PM in response to BlueFriendOceanBreeze

I still can't control any of my midi controlled effects anymore. Software instruments are still responding to midi. I must admit I am baffled. In 8 years of using Logic I've never had a problem with midi-learn and my effects plugins until this issue. I'm wondering if there is something in the Environment that changed or some setting that I've never altered before that is preventing the plugins from seeing midi controller data.

plugin effect automation via midi controller stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.