Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Neighbor's apple tv showing up on my iphone

Every now and then when I am using airplay from my phone or ipad the airplay will stop. When I press the airplay icon to stream again, I can see my neighbor's apple tv as an option. Why am I able to see my neighbor's apple tv? My bluetooth isn't on and I am on my own secure wifi. Also, is his apple tv dropping my airplay or why is it that every time his apple tv shows up it drops my airplay? It doesn't show up at all times like mine, it just shows up randomly.

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 12:32 AM

7 replies

Aug 25, 2015 12:50 AM in response to monser2130

I could be clutching at straws here, but this sounds like peer to peer airplay to me, but this is triggered by BTLE and you say you don't have bluetooth enabled, so it's a bit of a mystery. Only other thing of relevance is that BTLE only initiates airplay, it is then shifted to wifi over the channels I mentioned. I'm not holding out any hope but if it were me I'd like to see what switching to another channel does.

Neighbor's apple tv showing up on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.