Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod 5 keeps crashing, and wont turn on. it does this so frequently. how can i fix this or even better, prevent it?

im so tired of my ipod crashing on me. it takes days for me to even be able to use it agian. i thought i liked apple but now there just geting lazy with all there work. too many bugs and errors. i starting to hate apple. :c

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 3:19 AM

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

If you successfully restored (went through all steps without error) to factory settings/new iPod via iTunes (Not via Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Setting) and still have the problem that indicates a hardware problem.

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store..

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2015 3:19 AM in response to alise_LEXI_knows

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

If you successfully restored (went through all steps without error) to factory settings/new iPod via iTunes (Not via Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Setting) and still have the problem that indicates a hardware problem.

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store..

my ipod 5 keeps crashing, and wont turn on. it does this so frequently. how can i fix this or even better, prevent it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.