Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete photo albums that you synced from your computer off of your itouch?

Can someone help me please? How do you delete photo albums that you synced from your computer off of your itouch?

I can't get rid of mines. 😐

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 1:51 AM

4 replies

Aug 19, 2015 5:14 AM in response to lllaass

Thank you. I did it. I took the album off. 🙂

Now i have another little problem though. 😕

when i sync 1 album from my photos off of my computer, it makes 2 copies of the same album, one with the original name of the album i am trying to sync, and another copy of the same album but with another name, usually it's just called photo library.It only does this when i try to sync an album on my itouch 4 though. When i sync albums on my itouch 3, it only syncs the album itself. It does not make copies or an additional photo library album with it. That's actually why i wanted to take the album off. It keeps doing that, and that is getting kind of irritating. 😐

Can you help me? :-)

Aug 19, 2015 6:15 AM in response to youronmyneck

I think photos are displayed differently in iOS 5 (3G iPod) and iOS 6 (4G iPod). When you sync there is only one copy synced to the iPod but that one copy is displayed in the album that includes all photos and the album that only includes the synced photos.

However, there may be a problem with your iPod Photo Cache folder. Try deleting that folder. There may be more than one folder labeled iPod Photo Cache.

About the iPod Photo Cache folder - Apple Support

Aug 19, 2015 8:46 PM in response to lllaass

Hi. Thank you for replying. :-) I think i get what you're saying. You're saying that when i sync one specific folder, that the photos in it also go in the album that houses photos from every album i sync to the ipod, right?

Oh, i deleted the photo cache folder, but there was only one of them tough. When i sync it always makes a new one. Is that normal, is it suppose to do that?

How do you delete photo albums that you synced from your computer off of your itouch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.