Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message "ipod cannot be synced. The disk is not available"

I am on V12.2.2.25 of iTunes on Windows and have recently been getting error messages after syncing one of the 3 iPods I have (2 - generation 6 Nano and 1 iPod classic).

When I eject two of the iPod's (one of the Nanos and the Classic) I get an error message "ipod cannot be synced. The disk is not available" but the do eject. The third freezes iTunes and does not eject it. I eventually have to force iTunes to close because it is hung and does not function.

When I plus in these iPods they do update and sync correctly it is just ejecting them that causes these issues.

I have already gone through and uninstalled iTunes completely and then reinstalled it but still get the same issues.

Anyone have an idea what the issue might be?

Windows 7

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 11:11 PM

I have the exact problem - running latest Itunes and latest ipod nano versions. Same problem as above - VERY FRUSTRATING. Also deleted and reinstalled Itunes - no change.

3 replies

Aug 28, 2015 8:54 PM in response to cbielinski

Just with the latest release. Total pain. Found a program that puts the music onto the IPod - CopyTrans - free program. Works very easily. Also backs up IPod and put IPod music onto ITunes. Will spend more wasted time on ITunes - will delete ONCE AGAIN and will reinstall. Will advise. Thanks for the response. I just bet that Apple once again stops supporting hardware. I had bought some time ago a Dual G-5 for many thousands of dollars. They went to the Intel vs. Power PC architecture. That was fine with me until they sent me notices of upgrades to certain programs. The programs would start to install, ERASE my existing program THEN tell me the new program was not compatible with my old architecture! It's one thing not to help, another thing to hurt! Went back to PC and never looked back - except for ITunes, IPhone and Pads. Hate their closed architecture and need for more and more money! But such is life with Apple. Ta.

Error message "ipod cannot be synced. The disk is not available"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.