Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp 6 trackpad driver

Hi,

After Installing Bootcamp 6 on my windows 10, atestmode build 10240 watermark appears on my desktop. If I deactivate the TESTSIGNING in Windows, thetrackpad drivers stop working.

Any one has faced the same?

Best Regards,

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Other OS, Windows 10 Bootcamp 6

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 3:40 AM

5 replies

Sep 3, 2015 6:50 PM in response to abukapsoun

Don't deactivate the Windows test mode (I know it's annoying and I hate it myself), it's required to allow unsigned drivers to be used. Apparently Apple hasn't signed latest Bootcamp drivers with Microsoft, so in order to use them you'll have to keep working in the test mode.

I how Apple will get to signing their drivers and we'll be able to turn the test mode off, get rid of that watermark and not lose in functionality.

Sep 3, 2015 9:39 PM in response to abukapsoun

This happened to me when I tried out Trackpad++ which is an app that supposedly provides OSX Safari gestures in Windows 10 via Bootcamp 6. After installing Trackpad++ I got the 'test mode' watermark which I could not stand.

Simply removing Trackpad++ and its brutal resident program, Power Plan Assistant, all I needed to do was re-run the Boot Camp 6 install (choosing Repair) and run a simple elevated CMD prompt (below) and it go things back to normal, no more test mode watermark.

The elevated CMD prompt is: bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING off

If you didn't mess with Trackpad++, try reinstalling Boot Camp 6 ("Repair") and running that CMD prompt and reboot.

Bootcamp 6 trackpad driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.