Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I see text messages from iPhone on my Desktop?

Is there any native way or an application that would allow me to get a message on my desktop Mac (via Growl or any other kind of notification) when an SMS message comes in to my iPhone? Ideally I'd like to see the text message pop on my computer when the phone gets it (the phone being in my bag and sometimes I don't hear it, but I'm usually sitting in front of a desktop machine). I've got 10.6.8, 10.8.5, and 10.9 systems; the 10.8 machine is the most critical for me. Is there a solution?

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 6:30 AM

9 replies

Aug 19, 2015 9:28 AM in response to UGADog

I got as far as signing in to iMessage in Accounts of Messages application (generated a custom password etc.), and it says

"Could not sign in to iMessage: The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later."

what does this mean? The console shows

8/19/15 12:27:27.717 PM imagent[307]: [Warning] Empty account query with service: iMessage

8/19/15 12:27:27.775 PM com.apple.SecurityServer[19]: Session 100460 created

when I put in my password and hit OK (it shows my 2 email accounts, but won't let me check them to ON).

Aug 19, 2015 9:43 AM in response to Lexiepex

That means that there is already something wrong with your system before you upgrade. You should look into how to solve the issues first before you upgrade.

hmmm, what do you recommend? I did Disk Utility, it found no errors. I repaired permissions. I checked the disk with Disk Warrior and Drive Genius - no errors. I upgraded to the latest OS, as per instructions, no errors reported. And then, various issues upon first boot into the new system. I have a late-model Macbook Air which should be perfectly suitable. What to do to solve the "issues"?

Aug 19, 2015 10:03 AM in response to Michael Levin

I can't say I know exactly what is happening. The primary email address is the one associated with Apple ID. That is the only one you need to sign in on. iMessage won't work across devices without using the cloud and it does this with the Apple ID. I would try just setting that one up again. This will be the same ID you have set up on your iPhone for iMessage.

Can I see text messages from iPhone on my Desktop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.