Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic mouse lost scrolling after OS update

updated to Yosemite 10.10.5 and now magic mouse won't scroll. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 8:33 AM

9 replies

Aug 21, 2015 6:11 AM in response to wilkinsondesign

I just updated to 10.10.5 and lost scrolling in Magic Mouse.

Also, when I push the Volume up/down on the Bluetooth keyboard, it shows my Mac's desktop.

The Bluetooth icon in the toolbar is showing a squigly line and says bluetooth isn't available at the moment.

I have a brand new (with sh*tty battery life...) Macbook Pro.

Getting a little tired of Apple's shoddy performance lately...

Sep 14, 2015 6:44 AM in response to wilkinsondesign

I have tried all the options of disconnecting/re-connecting bluetooth, Re-booting (many times) but still no success. It doesn't work for any of the accounts on the machine. If there weren't so many people raising the issues I would have been convinced by now that it is a hardware issue. Any other ideas? Has anyone else tried all of the above and still having problems with 10.10.5 and magic mouse scrolling?

Feb 16, 2016 6:16 AM in response to wilkinsondesign

I heard that resetting the SMC and PRAM works for some of the issues described above:

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

It didn't, however, help me with the missing scrolling/swiping on my magic mouse. 😟 Has anyone here found a solution? I am starting to believe that Yosemite's magic mouse drive is rotten, but IT doesn't allow to upgrade to El Capitan yet.

Thanks

magic mouse lost scrolling after OS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.