Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple provide a software update in order to support EarPods to be used on the 3rd generation ipod?

Dear Apple,

Me and my girlfriend own a 3rd generation polished stainless steel ipod as a my celebration gift. We use it as jewellery and the original headphones are part of the gorgeous design. However these original headphones cannot be purchased anymore and are no good fit to our ears in comparison to the EarPods. I found on the website that the 3rd gen ipod does not 'fully' support the EarPods, meaning the sound works, but the remote functions (volume, play, stop, next, previous and voice over) with the control do not. I would like to encourage Apple to develop a software update that allows users to keep using our beautiful device with all functionality when using the EarPods to listen high quality music. I honestly find the third party options suggested on other forum pages ugly and think that it should not be such a big part of a deal to develop a solution by software programming to satisfy your customers.

I thrust you will meet our request and develop a software update to the 3rd generation ipod to fully support use of EarPods.

Thank you very much!

Elisabet & Marcel (proud owners of the polished stainless steel version of the third generation ipod)

iPod shuffle (3rd generation), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 9:42 AM

3 replies

Can Apple provide a software update in order to support EarPods to be used on the 3rd generation ipod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.