Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

your iphoto library is not yet available

So, every time I am trying to sync my Iphone to my Mac this message appears.

I've tried everything google has to offer, but it seems unfixable.

it seems ridiculous to me that Apple would allow such an important bug to persist. Is there any real cure to fix this bug?

MacBook Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 11:25 AM

16 replies

Aug 19, 2015 11:52 AM in response to Nayberry

Interesting you have a long standing unsolved bug that no one else has reported - maybe it is your system not a bug

But to help you actually have to provide details - unfortunately you posted editorials and opinions and no details

What is the exact error message? How exactly are you syncing? What OS version are you using? What version of iPhoto ? What has changed since this worked? What have you tried to fix it?

LN

Aug 19, 2015 12:07 PM in response to Nayberry

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 10 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Include things like:

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For example, if you have a problem with exporting, then explain by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted? - Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

Aug 19, 2015 9:26 PM in response to Yer_Man

Okay, here are the details:

1. I've migrated to the new photos app when it first appeared, so Photos app version is Version 1.0.1 (215.65.0).
  2. iPhoto app version is 9.6.1 (910.42)
  3. OS Yoseite version 10.10.5 (14F27)
  4. Full description would be as follows: i've migrated to the new Photos app with the latest update to the OS. Unfortunately, each time i try to sync iPhone with my Mac the syncing process goes through "synching photos" for 2-3 minutes, before this error message appears: "iTunes cannot sync photos to the iPhone..because your iPhoto Library is not yet available. Please try again later."
  5. No, I think it appeared like a week after the migration from iphoto to Photos
  6. I've tried this Apple tip: iTunes: Unable to sync photos - Apple Support
  7. Nothing unusual, I am pretty sure I am just a typical iPhone/Mac user 🙂 (BTW English is not my first language, so, I am sorry for any grammar error I could have made in this post 🙂 )

Sep 27, 2015 7:20 PM in response to Yer_Man

I'm having this exact same problem. While using iTunes to sync pictures from Photos to my iPhone 6+, i get the following error: "iTunes cannot sync photos to the iPhone “iPhone” because your Photos Library is not yet available. Please try again later."

I can see all of my pictures in Photos, but can't sync them to my phone.

This all started happening after i upgraded to Yosemite and Photos.

Nayberry - did you ever solve your problem?

your iphoto library is not yet available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.