Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade to FC7

Hi Gang

Forgot to include this in a recent question about upgrading versions of software: If you already upgraded from FC5 to FC6, (as instructed using your serial numbers with an Apple Upgrade package), can you take it another step and upgrade again from FC6 to FC7?

Or do you need to purchase a FULL Retail Install package for FC7?

Thank you

Mike

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), FC7

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 12:27 PM

5 replies

Aug 19, 2015 12:39 PM in response to ENIGMACODE

Since FCP 7 was only available as part of Final Cut Studio 3 (aka Final Cut Studio 2009) and since Apple discontinued Final Cut Studio in June, 2011, you'd have to find a used copy of FCS 3 somewhere and install from the discs included in the package. If you can find an upgrade version of FCS 3, then you would need the serial number from your older version.

-DH

Aug 19, 2015 1:05 PM in response to Shane Ross

Hello again Shane - Hello again David 🙂

I have serial numbers for Full versions 'FC Studio' (FC5), and also serial numbers for 'Final Cut Studio 2' (FC6). I'm the original owner of both.

So then, if I buy a used copy of FC7 'Upgrade', all I'd need is the serial number from my original Final Cut Studio, plus the previously owned 'Upgrade' for FC7

Yes? Correct?

Thank you for your patience 🙂

Mike

Aug 19, 2015 9:02 PM in response to David Harbsmeier

Hi David

"Yes. As long as the used copy has the proper upgrade serial number included in your purchase"

In other words, trusting that the seller's package information, (serial numbers), have not been accidentally switched, or somehow gotten fouled up. In the item here, you can see the serial numbers on the previously owned package. One would think, (as long as the seller is reputable), there shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Final-Cut-Pro-7-Studio-3-HD-Upgrade-version-MB643Z -A-1-User-/262003220018

Thank you David

Mike

Upgrade to FC7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.