Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

os 9 restore

Hello I have a imac g4 700mhz I have the orignal restore cd with os 9.2.2 i cant isatall it it wont let me click the restore button its grayed out

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 6:44 PM

You may need to use Drive Setup to install the drivers on it, if Mac OS 9 hasn't been installed on it before as a boot system. Mac OS X's Disk Utility also has an install Mac OS 9 drivers as well. Once those are installed, using the disc to install 9.2.2 should work. Mind you adding drivers will erase the hard drive, so backup your data on the drive before pursuing this course.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2015 6:44 PM in response to Knuckles2001

You may need to use Drive Setup to install the drivers on it, if Mac OS 9 hasn't been installed on it before as a boot system. Mac OS X's Disk Utility also has an install Mac OS 9 drivers as well. Once those are installed, using the disc to install 9.2.2 should work. Mind you adding drivers will erase the hard drive, so backup your data on the drive before pursuing this course.

os 9 restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.