Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with Find my iphone on first gen ipad

So we have two first gen ipads, along with other more current devices. I have 'find my iphone' app on all of them, including both first gen ipads. My issue is, on one of the 1st gen ipads I cannot turn the app on in settings/location services. So the app works, I can log into it and see all of my other devices (including the other 1st gen ipad that this isn't and issue for), but I cannot get it to allow location services permission so I could see this ipad on any of the other devices. In settings when I try to enable the apps location services the on/off toggle switch is greyed out. Location services are on, all the other apps are able to switch on/off. But the find my iphone app is greyed out. I know it has the capability to work on a 1st gen, as it works on my other first gen. But I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work, deleting and reinstalling, powering down, changing any setting that I thought might affect it in any way. I plugged it into iTunes and couldn't do anything there to make it work either.

has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have any advice to try, or know a solution? It wouldn't be so aggravating if I didn't have an identical ipad sitting right next to it that is running the app just fine!

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 1:04 PM

1 reply

Aug 19, 2015 1:38 PM in response to ErinP22

Ugh... I wish I could just delete this discussion I started. So, the super easy fix that I somehow didn't think of... I had restrictions turned on (kid's ipad) and I didn't think to turn the restrictions off. everything else appeared to be working fine, but with the restrictions on I had the cloud disabled, which of course meant I couldn't activate the find my iphone app. SO... that solved that. Maybe one other person out of the millions of people who use ipads might have this same problem... however unlikely that may be, and maybe this will help. So, always check to make sure your restrictions are disabled! 😊

Issue with Find my iphone on first gen ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.