Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had forgotten the iOS8.4.1 software update enter passcode . please advise how's? thank you

I had forgotten the iOS8.4.1 software update enter passcode . please advise how's? thank you

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 4:33 PM

7 replies

Aug 19, 2015 4:41 PM in response to lwhjack

An update does not require a passcode, what are you referring to? If you are updating via iTunes and are referring to a message on the screen that says enter the passcode, that is the iPhone's 4-digit passcode and you need to enter that on the phone. It is your regular passcode. If you are referring to something else, please explain, as a passcode is not required to perform an update.

Aug 20, 2015 10:19 AM in response to lim238

I have never seen that. Again, if you do not have a passcode set on the device, then you cannot enter one. I'm guessing that when you say you don't have a passcode, that you do not use a passcode on your phone? If so, can you just swipe past that, or click on Go, Enter, or whatever the prompt is? I do not use the OTA install of updates, I do it with iTunes. If you cannot get past that, you may want to just connect the devices to a computer with iTunes and update from there.

Sep 2, 2015 9:30 AM in response to Paul Linford

Paul Linford wrote:

Isn't that a request for apple id password? For the iTunes store etc? Have you updated your iPad 2 to 8.4.1 now? Is it working ok?

No. iOS software updates do not request the Apple ID password at all. They request the screen unlock passcode. If you have restrictions in place it may ask for that passcode instead.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.