Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop tracking steps on iPhone?

Recently I bought an Apple Watch. It can track steps and add them to 'Health'. The problem is, sometimes iPhone tracks steps too. And sometimes it can add that data to 'Health' too. I'm wearing Apple Watch all day long and I don't want that iPhone feature. So, is there any way to turn off iPhone steps tracking but to keep tracking flights of stairs? Or maybe to teach Apple Watch to track flights of stairs?

P.S. I know that I can turn off all activity tracking in settings, but I don't need it.

iPhone 6, Other OS, iOS 9 Public Beta 5 (13A4325c)

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2017 10:05 AM

I'm having the same problem! I have an Apple Watch series 2 and use it for tracking but I've noticed my steps are logging twice and I can move priority to Watch but they both still log even though I don't take the Watch off. I also can't uncheck the phone because tapping on it does nothing. Come on Apple. This problem has been happening since at least 2014 according to the forums!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2017 10:05 AM in response to D3C4PE

I'm having the same problem! I have an Apple Watch series 2 and use it for tracking but I've noticed my steps are logging twice and I can move priority to Watch but they both still log even though I don't take the Watch off. I also can't uncheck the phone because tapping on it does nothing. Come on Apple. This problem has been happening since at least 2014 according to the forums!

Aug 21, 2015 2:18 PM in response to D3C4PE

Hey D3C4PE,

I see that you have some questions about the Health app on your iPhone and its interaction with the Apple Watch. You might want to consider reprioritizing the data received from the iPhone itself using the information in the following article:

Edit your data sources

You can edit and rearrange your data sources to change the way that Health prioritizes data.

User uploaded file

On the Share Data screen, tap Edit. Then tap and hold User uploaded file next to a data source. The data source that you place at the top will take priority over other sources that contribute that type of data.

User uploaded file

Move the data source up or down in the list. To turn off a data source so that it doesn't contribute any more data for that category, tap the checkmark.

After you reorder your list, any new apps or devices that you add will appear at the top of the list, above your iPhone or iPod touch by default. You can change the order of your data sources anytime.

Manage Health data from multiple sources on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204351

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

How to stop tracking steps on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.