Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages IOS app crashes

I have had this problem for nearly a year now and hope springs eternal that it will go away. When I enable iCloud for the Pages IOS app, this causes the Pages app to crash after about 30 seconds. I have taken to saving files in Dropbox and Box.com

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1, OS X 10.10.5

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 2:49 PM

5 replies

Mar 23, 2016 8:52 PM in response to Motlalekhotso

My problem partially resolved when I upgraded recently from an iPhone 5 to a 6 (I am always a year or so behind!)... now Pages does not crash - but ALL my files on iCloud Drive download to my phone and it takes forever... then makes the phone sluggish. So now it is a problem with iCloud- you should be able to download only specific files, not all 800 or so of them... so I have returned to my old workaround - i write in Pages and upload to Box.com. A few years ago Box had a special deal if you signed up within a few days - 50 gb of free storage. So far I have used about 8 gb and have almost everything there. I keep another copy on iCloud Drive and also back up my hard drive to an external once in a while.

I like Pages; cannot stand Word (never could, back in the day, I used WordPerfect) - so I write in Pages or iBooks Author and ignore iCloud pretty much.

Mar 24, 2016 5:16 AM in response to notlimey

• Try a forced restart: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the restart.
  • Delete and reinstall Pages

Pages IOS app crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.