Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems since upgrading to 12.2.2.25

Ever since I upgraded my iTunes to version 12.2.2.25 64-bit on my Windows 10 machine I have been forced to accept the license agreement and then sign-in with my Apple ID. I have to do this every time I open iTunes, and it never happened before upgrading. What can I do to solve this issue?

Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 4:42 PM

9 replies

Aug 29, 2015 11:46 AM in response to kwcote

I have also identified my computer security software (McAfee) as the reason behind encountering this issue. My solution was to disable both the ant-virus and firewall protection when installing the update to the newest version of iTunes; in this case version 12.2.2.25. Furthermore, I suggest after installation you ensure you are able to sign-in successfully to your iTunes account (with your Apple ID) as well as open and close the iTunes software a few times to ensure successful loading before re-enabling any security software. At this point, I am able to keep McAfee as my software solution without having to revert to using Windows Defender; as "TCP1 P" mentioned above this post.

My best guess is that it is actually on McAfee's end or whatever other security solution you may have if the fix actions work the same for you. I say this because if the newest update to iTunes hasn't actually made it onto McAfee's "whitelist" to declare it as a known good file/application, it will trigger as bad and may prevent whatever last installation/registration measures (be it on the host or accessing the network/internet) that Apple requires of any newly installed instance of the iTunes client. I am reviewing my McAfee logs to note whether this is the case or not but since it is taking forever I will post this here in the effort to help anyone who is having the same issue. I will say I do question what new changes Apple has made to this latest update that now triggers a response from my security software but again, I will have to look into that later if I choose to do so at all.

Aug 29, 2015 12:02 PM in response to Trusttee

I had tried disabling it then rebooting and logging in with ITunes while mcafee was disabled but still reverted to not liking it, Maybe now it's working ok I should try reinstalling it again to see if it will work, not holding out much hope, I couldn't see a setting to allow iTunes to do what it likes without it being altered in some way. Might try again thanks for the info though, hope it's sorted out soon, it's annoying

Aug 29, 2015 12:37 PM in response to cubaly

Understood - and I actually encountered the same after re-enabling my anti-virus (which is the culprit - not the firewall). I have since added an exception in the Real-time scanning feature to exclude the iTunes.exe application from being scanned. Now everything works without any issues - although I don't like the fact that I had to set an exemption like this when I don't believe it is necessary. What I will do is note when iTunes is finally listed as fully compatible with Windows 10 (which it currently is not) and then revisit the idea of removing it from McAfee's excluded files list. I believe there is something iTunes does now (in the latest version) that interacts with the Windows 10 OS that McAfee does not like for some reason. Again, that's my best guess but it's quite possible. Nonetheless, I hope this helps.

Problems since upgrading to 12.2.2.25

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.