Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with transfers

I can't seem to transfer books/pdf that are in my ibooks library on my Iphone to my mac's ibook library. Does anyone know how to?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1, null

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 6:14 PM

1 reply

Aug 24, 2015 12:51 PM in response to can'tthinkofausername

You should be able to copy iBookstore purchases, and potentially epubs and/or PDFs, over to your computer's iTunes library via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases : About iBooks - Apple Support

Add ePub or PDF files that you download from other websites to your iTunes library on your computer from your iOS device

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Connect your iOS device.
  3. From the menu bar, click File > Devices > Transfer Purchases.

Please note, these ePub and PDF files will only transfer once. After that, you must download them directly from the website to your computer.

And then do File > Move Books From iTunes in iBooks on your Mac.

You should (if they are still in the store and you haven't moved countries since buying them) be able to redownload ibooks in your Mac's iBooks app via the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iBookstore homepage.

Problem with transfers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.