Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake iPad charger?

CCould anyone help me find out which one of these iPad chargers are real? I know one of them came with my iPad (which I brought last year) but can't remember which one. Any help? User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPad, iOS 8.4.1, Fourth generation

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 7:42 PM

4 replies

Aug 19, 2015 8:10 PM in response to Ady Gomes

Are you sure one is fake or are you just going by the Apple logo that's visible on one and are assuming the other is fake?

The one I have with me now that came with my iPad Air 2 is a 10 watt charger that looks just like the one you show on the right, except mine is 10 watts...it has the Apple Logo at the top, on it's own with no text on either side of the logo.

I have two others at another location (one is a 12 watt that came with my iPad 4th Gen along with another 10 watt exactly like I have here) so I can't check that 12 watt for you right now.

Maybe someone else can comment with their 12 watt...

Admittedly, I think Apple has changed that page I linked to above and are only showing current chargers. I remember there being many more chargers shown on that page...now there are only 3.

Fake iPad charger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.