Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replying to email and original message...

I recently upgrade to Yosemite and have noticed a change in my mail responses. Previously I would open an email and if i were to reply to the email, the original email would close. That is not happening now and I want to go back to that, but do not see anything in preferences that makes sense to do so. Any suggestions?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 5:37 PM

4 replies

Sep 2, 2015 3:33 PM in response to andyr.

Bringing this back up as I can not find a way to have an open email close after I reply to it. Before the upgrade to Yosemite, I would open an email, reply to it, and the original email closed. Now the email stays open after I have replied and I have to close it on my own. I'd like the email to close like it did before I upgraded to Yosemite, is there a way?

Sep 2, 2015 3:56 PM in response to andyr.

I certainly am not able to replicate your problem and do not see that kind of behavior - using Mail, when I choose to reply to a message, a window pops with up the original message and I simply type my reply into the same window at the top (if you do not have "quote previous message" selected, then you'd get a blank window. In both cases your Inbox window is still open in the background and showing the original email.

Replying to email and original message...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.