Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glass Screen on my iPhone 5s is coming out of body

on Saturday I found out that my iPhone 5s screen was coming out of the body. The glass is popping tords middle of the screen but it makes a clicking noise when the screen is pressed near the volume rocker. Will Apple replace my whole device it's still under warranty?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 5:00 PM

7 replies

Aug 19, 2015 5:47 PM in response to manzo831

I had a similar issue. My 5s' screen was delaminating near the sleep/wake button at the top. I initially thought it was battery bloating but when I took the phone in, they said it was delamination because the battery is located on the other side of the phone (left side).

In my case, the store replaced the entire phone. They can now normally do screen replacements in-store but at the time I took mine in, their calibration equipment was down so a repair could not be made.

Yours could be either a screen delamination or a bloated battery pushing the screen out of position.

The only way to find out for sure is to take it in as mentioned by Michael Black.

Aug 19, 2015 6:06 PM in response to SergZak

im also having problems with my signal ever since I got my phone would randomly go from full bars to no service. My sister who also has a iPhone 5s never has this problem and we are on the same carrier. The last time this happened we where right next to each other and I looked at her phone and it still had 4 bars while mine said no service.

Aug 19, 2015 6:27 PM in response to manzo831

After your reservation, be sure to return and tell us what the outcome was. I'd expect it to be a bloated battery in your case, due to the position of the screen deformation and maybe the other reception issue you've reported as well.

When a battery bloats inside of a device that basically has no expanding room, it will press and squeeze on other internal components, basically wreaking havoc inside the device.

Aug 25, 2015 11:01 AM in response to manzo831

I have just been to the apple store in Westfields London with the screen popping out caused by a bulging battery

My iPhone 5s was 2 years old AND had an aftermarket screen replacement not done by Apple.

I was expecting to pay for a new battery to be installed and i would of been happy to do so, But........

The Genius was fantastic, They just replaced my iPhone 5s there and then. No questions asked free of charge.

Apple are AWSOME, Their customer care is out of this world, This is why i will be sticking with apple for a VERY long time

Glass Screen on my iPhone 5s is coming out of body

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.