Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reduce the size of a screenshot when emailing in Apple Mail? I'm taking the screenshot from a preview doc, which is 168 KB and then when I paste it into an email it jumps to 748 KB. Using OSX Yosemite V.10.10.4. Many thanks

How do I reduce the size of a screenshot when emailing in Apple Mail? I'm taking the screenshot from a preview doc, which is 168 KB and then when I paste it into an email it jumps to 748 KB. Using OSX Yosemite V.10.10.4. Many thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 6:00 PM

Open the screenshot with Preview. Reduce the image size or export it as a jpeg with a reduced quality.

3 replies

Dec 17, 2016 8:51 AM in response to julia070

It used to be easier to have the screenshot match the size of a medium sized picture from aperture so that I could mix and match pictures from my photos as well as screenshots in the same email. Now if I hit medium to adapt to the screen shots it makes my photos tiny. So I then reduced the size of the export from my photos but ended up with an enormous sized email due to the size of the screenshots.

Is there a way to default the size of the screenshots to be lower quality to reduce the mb?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.