Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Home Sharing and Windows 10 Won't Work

Hi,

I have had no issues sharing my home videos etc to Apple TV until I have upgraded to Windows 10, now Apple TV cannot find my library. I have already tried all the standard troubleshooting information such as:

- ensuring home sharing in turned on and restarting etc on both devices

- reinstalling iTunes

- restoring apple TV

- Turn off the firewall

- restart the router

None of the above has worked. Can anyone advise what steps I can take to restore the home sharing between my iTunes library (12.2.25) on Windows 10 and my Apple TV (3rd generation) with up to date software?

Thanks

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 2:15 AM

1 reply

Aug 20, 2015 4:34 AM in response to fergusga

the usual suspects would be

1. firewall blocking the ports required for shared itunes lib

2. the router blocking the ports

3. faulty install of apples bonjour software

4. the computer and appletv not being on the same subnet

if it were me I would look further into the network communication with some of the many free network traffic sniffers

I would try connecting by wired ethernet to take wifi issues out of the equation

test the appletv with a friend and or relative to verify it had not an internal issue in which case it would act up there too

I would uninstall itunes & quicktime and bonjour and use regedit to search and delete all entries from the windows registry about bonjure and itunes and reboot and then reinstall itunes and bonjour

and about network changes then rule of thumb is changing a setting is never instant it takes awhile for the network to "get it" so to speak

Apple TV Home Sharing and Windows 10 Won't Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.