Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Feelbegin folder in Applications

Hello

I am hoping that I have posted this in the right place and that someone can help!

For the last few weeks my Intego Virus Barrier has been quarantining files in a folder called Feelbegin in my Applications and Application Support. I drag them to trash and then empty but every couple of days they re-appear - usually when downloading a safe, known document from my email (outlook.com).

Prior to this my google search had changed to bing, which I seem to have resolved - all this began when my son was downloading add-ons to his Farming Simulator game, so I wonder if this is where it came from?

Worryingly, my credit card was cancelled after being used fraudulently yesterday and I am really hoping that it is not all connected. I have scanned my computer using Intego Virus Barrier several times and nothing has been detected.

Any more tips on what I could do?

Many thanks

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 2:19 AM

7 replies

Aug 30, 2015 5:47 PM in response to mammaofthree

Mammaofthree,

If things keep re-appearing it is usually a good idea to check the folder:

Library/LaunchDaemons

you can get into your Library by going to the "Go" menu in Finder and holding down the ALT key - it should appear on the menu - select it.

In the Library folder look for a sub-folder called LaunchDaemons. Open that. The sorts of things that SHOULD be in there might be a file such as:

com.oracle.java.Helper-Tool.plist

which would be installed if you had Java enabled on your computer.

If you are happy for Google to automatically update Google software that is installed on your computer then you might have:

com.google.keystone.daemon.plist

Personally I have stopped trusting Google and have removed that one from my own computer.

Tonight I have been investigating a friends Mac that was behaving strangely and found:

Epolife.download.plist

Feelbegin.update.plist

Javeview.update.plist

Manroling.update.plist

Totiteck.download.plist

I removed ALL of them.

I would recommend that you do the same with anything that you find in:

Library/LaunchDaemons

for which you can't account.

Sep 30, 2015 5:54 AM in response to mammaofthree

I had the same the happen to me. I had someone check and remove any viruses but they couldn't find any. My computer still was acting strange so I ended up uninstalling the feelbegin folder. It kept coming back every night. I am going to follow what has been recommended for you as well. We also had some fraudulent activity on our credit card as well - but I am not sure if it was connected. I know for a fact that I had a virus at one point because it started rerouting my webbrowser etc. I hope you get your problem resolved. I will let you know if I do and what worked.

Feelbegin folder in Applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.