Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMac Yosemite 10.10.5 Slow upload Speed

Our Company had purchased 2 Apple IMac 27" I5. Previous Mac's (10.8.5) had no problem with BT Fibre upload speed averaging 14 Mbps. However the new Yosemite OSX 10.10.x has terrible slow upload speed, The last test was consistently showing results of 0.14 Mbps. Download is fine.

The route to the internet goes through structured cabling into a Cisco 1800 Router (IOS 15.1(4)) and finally out through a Juniper SRX210 Firewall.

For testing purposes, If we bypass the Cisco the speeds increase to normal. We cannot however permanently bypass the Cisco so this is not an option.

I've updated the Cisco IOS and updated to the latest version of Yosemite 10.10.5 and neither has fixed the problem

Please help me troubleshoot.

SS

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 3:34 AM

8 replies

Aug 20, 2015 8:12 AM in response to rkaufmann87

We'll have to agree to disagree on this as we obviously have polar opposite opinions.

My argument is why would I go through the trouble of investigating a perfectly good router which works perfectly well for 80+ PC's and 20 Macs on previous OSX for the problems two new iMacs are having? The router is flashed with one of the latest releases form Cisco. Nobody else is having issues.

If I'd known that I'd have to change half my network infrastructure just to make these **** things work then I wouldn't have let myself be cajoled into buying them in the first place!

This to me, and as you can probably tell I'm NOT a Mac lover, is typical of Apple Macs never go wrong attitude.

Thanks for your input but I guess I'll have to wait for someone more important than me to have this issue and wait for a new Version update...

SS

IMac Yosemite 10.10.5 Slow upload Speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.