Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY Application folder does in to appear in my Dock so I have to go to Finder to look.

I used to have my Application folder in the dock but it seems to have dissappeared and to see my Applications I have to go to Finder.

I am on Yosemite OS X version 10.10.5

Hope somebody can help please

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 8:55 AM

It would be very unusual to have your applications folder in he Dock - you probably had applications there - to add applications to the Dock drag them form the Applications folder to the Dock - and check your Dock preferences in the system preferences - you may have changed a setting

LN

10 replies

Aug 22, 2015 1:34 AM in response to elizabeth afromsteeple morden

Move your Dock to the bottom of the screen, if it is not already there.

On the left side of the Dock there are applications, on the right side you put documents and/or folders next to the Trashbin. There is a small dividing line between the two sectors.

Open Finder, grab the Applications folder and drag it to the right sector nect to the Trashbin and right of the dividing line, after it settles, let go.

You can arrange the display of the folder as Old Toad said (obviously he has the Dock vertically).

Lex

Aug 22, 2015 8:17 AM in response to elizabeth afromsteeple morden

The system should not let you delete the basic apps in the Applications folder. Do a search for Calendar.app or Calculator.app or Chess.app. Those are apps that the system won't let you delete. See where they are located. If Spotlight can't find them download and runFind Any File to search for those file like:

1 - Name contains Chess.app

The search results window will show you where the app and the Applications folder is located.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.

Aug 23, 2015 9:36 AM in response to elizabeth afromsteeple morden

You should keep the application in the Applications folder located as shown in this screenshot:

User uploaded file

If they are not located there automatic updaters and installers will not know where the app are. If you want easy access to the apps from the desktop make an alias of the Applications folder by Control (right) - clicking on it and selecting Make Alias in the contextual menu:

User uploaded file

Put the alias file on the Desktop. It'll look like this:

User uploaded file

MY Application folder does in to appear in my Dock so I have to go to Finder to look.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.