Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The last photos/videos I took are not being shown in Photos

I have a 5th Generation iPod touch (Model MD723BT/A) running the latest update (iOS 8.4.1). I took some photos and videos however when accessing Camera Roll they cannot be seen. When opening the camera application, the videos/photos I took can be seen in the lower left so I'm guessing they are stored somewhere, however when I tap on it, it goes to the latest picture before the ones I took. In settings->general->about there are 4,523 photos however on camera roll the number is 4,587.

Please be aware that the photos/videos I took are needed for legal reasons so it is extremely important to try and get them back.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 12:52 PM

5 replies

Aug 20, 2015 3:28 PM in response to waynebonnici

This "Other:"8.54GB" "indicates you have corrupted files on the iPod. Seems like the full size photos you want got corrupted.

You may be able to use a computer app like iFunBox to get the thumbnails off the iPod.

You will need to download a view for them. I do not remember the extension of the file it is something like ,tmb for thumbnail. If you really need the photos I would contact a data recovery company

Sep 4, 2015 11:33 AM in response to waynebonnici

SOLVED: Using iExplorer--> Go to device, files, media folder, PhotoData and delete Photos.sqlite.(Before deleting, make sure to backup the file somewhere)

After doing so, you will notice that no photos will be shown. Please allow some time for the photo library to rebuild itself.

N.B: Photos.sqlite is an internal system folder, please proceed with caution when deleting.

The last photos/videos I took are not being shown in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.