Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My bluetooth suddenly quit!

Suddenly bluetooth on my macbook pro says "bluetooth not available". What can I do? I did a "repair permissions" and a restart, but with no results. It's an older macbook pro and the clicker part of my touchpad is hard to work, so I got a bluetooth mouse and it was working great all week but now my bluetooth is totally gone! Can't even get pictures from my phone! Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), also: iPod, Apple TV, iPad 2

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 12:17 PM

Hello cheeky-monkey,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you see the icon outlined below then it indicates that your Bluetooth is unavailable. I suggest following the information below to start troubleshooting this issue.

User uploaded file Bluetooth unavailable.
Restart your Mac. If the Bluetooth status doesn’t change, disconnect all USB devices and restart your Mac again.

Wireless input devices: Bluetooth frequently asked questions - Apple Support

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2015 12:17 PM in response to cheeky-monkey

Hello cheeky-monkey,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you see the icon outlined below then it indicates that your Bluetooth is unavailable. I suggest following the information below to start troubleshooting this issue.

User uploaded file Bluetooth unavailable.
Restart your Mac. If the Bluetooth status doesn’t change, disconnect all USB devices and restart your Mac again.

Wireless input devices: Bluetooth frequently asked questions - Apple Support

Take care.

My bluetooth suddenly quit!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.