Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This Apple ID has not yet been used with the iTunes Store. This message keeps coming up and when I follow the process asks me for credit card. I do not want to buy anything. I just want to download free apps.

This Apple ID has not yet been used with the iTunes Store. This message keeps coming up and when I follow the process asks me for credit card. I do not want to buy anything. I just want to download free apps.

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 1:57 PM

unless the instructions on this page are followed when creating an account : Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Suppor…

then credit card details will need to be entered before the account can be used to download any item from the store, including free items - you should be able to remove the card's details after entering them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2015 1:57 PM in response to Chara.kok

unless the instructions on this page are followed when creating an account : Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Suppor…

then credit card details will need to be entered before the account can be used to download any item from the store, including free items - you should be able to remove the card's details after entering them.

Oct 22, 2016 6:50 AM in response to Chara.kok

I am really annoyed by the fact that I have verified my account but the error that I have used my apple id in app store persistently shows when I try to format my mac book air. It doesn't happen to my macbook pro but only to my mcbook air.

I will be using my macbook air to build apps so please can someone help me why the heck is this happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.