Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete duplicate contacts on my mac computer when there is only one contact listed on icloud.com contacts

How do you delete duplicate contacts on my computer? There is only one contact per entry on icloud.com contacts.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 2:24 PM

7 replies

Aug 22, 2015 2:45 PM in response to Katherine Thompson1

1. Follow the instructions on the page linked below to back up your contacts directly from iCloud:

Archive or make copies of your iCloud data - Apple Support

2. Back up all data on the computer. Open the iCloud pane in System Preferences. Uncheck the box marked Contacts and confirm that you want to delete the contacts from the computer. They'll still be in iCloud and on your other devices, if any. Verify that your contact database is now empty. If it isn't, and if you're sure that all the contacts you want to keep are on iCloud, delete all the remaining contacts. Then re-check the Contacts box and wait for the contacts to resynchronize from iCloud.

How to delete duplicate contacts on my mac computer when there is only one contact listed on icloud.com contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.