Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to use DFU recovery mode for my iPod, is this going to remove all my music, contacts, pictures, apps, etc.

My iPod has been acting up recently and its extremely annoying. My battery drains to 20% almost instantly after unplugging it after its been charging overnight, when i plug it in to charge it only takes about 1 minute when it says its full, sometimes it shuts off when it says there's still battery power. Today i noticed the screen keeps glitching and whenever i unplug it and open the camera it immediately shuts down. I've tried restarting it multiple times. I'm going to try the DFU mode and see if it cures the problem but i don't know if that will erase every single thing i put on there myself. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on anything else that will work?

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 3:33 PM

DFU is not a recovery mode, and DFU erases everything from the device. There are other steps to take before a DFU restore. You have tried restarting, the next step is reset holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and the release. Then if necessary, restore from backup, and restore as new.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2015 3:33 PM in response to BlooJ02

DFU is not a recovery mode, and DFU erases everything from the device. There are other steps to take before a DFU restore. You have tried restarting, the next step is reset holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and the release. Then if necessary, restore from backup, and restore as new.

I want to use DFU recovery mode for my iPod, is this going to remove all my music, contacts, pictures, apps, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.