Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot install new itunes on windows 7 64 bit

I keep getting an error telling me that itunes requires windows 7 64 bit but that's what I have. I've uninstalled all apple software and restarted the computer. I even tried running the install file as administrator even though I am the administrator. I don't know what else to do.

null-OTHER, Windows 7, Itunes

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 5:07 PM

3 replies

Aug 21, 2015 5:53 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I have done everything in that document. I can't download the 32 bit or 64 bit. I get an error message in both that tell me I need Windows 7 64 bit which I have. It's like I'm dead in the water. It's quite ridiculous when I've uninstalled every apple product on this computer and searched for all the files they say to look for. Yet I still can't install this new updated version. It's extremely frustrating. The only good thing I guess is that I do have another computer I can use but this is my main computer.

Aug 21, 2015 5:58 PM in response to steelersgurl77

Did you try downloading any of the individual downloads without going through the iTunes link? If you are downloading, do you get the error when you attempt to run, or what? Try saving the install file and then run it afterwards instead of selecting run from the initial link. I understand the frustration, but something is going wrong on the Windows computer if it is not identifying correctly. What browser are you using the access the download sites?

cannot install new itunes on windows 7 64 bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.