Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" is missing

I have a MacBook Pro running the latest version of OS X Yosemite and after updating to this version, the "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" has disappeared. My brother's MacBook Air which is running the same version, still has this option available. I've tried numerous solutions with no luck. Such as restarting the computer, resetting SMC and PRAM and verifying the disk in disk utility with no luck. I've also signed out of iTunes on my MacBook and tried deauthorizing the computers associated with my account and no luck. Anybody experience this issue? If so, what was the solution to your issue?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 7:06 PM

6 replies

Aug 20, 2015 9:55 PM in response to Look-at-menow

Exactly what are you trying to accomplish? Perhaps one of these methods would do what you need:

• In iTunes, go to My Music. Choose "Songs" in the upper right. Control-click on the header row (that says "Name", "Album", "Artist") and check either "iCloud Download", "iCloud Status" or both.
  • In iTunes, go to the iTunes Store. Select "Purchased" on the right side. Select the "Not in My Library" tab.

Aug 26, 2015 3:04 PM in response to gail from maine

Thank you Gail from Maine!

Most help and advice sites tell you to set "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" in Preferences->Stores so you won't be troubled by seeing your purchases that aren't downloaded to your laptop (or whatever). There's no mention anywhere except in your post of the fact that Apple has silently moved this option to the View menu ... AND they silently set the option to "All Music" regardless of how you might have had "Show iTunes..." set in your Preferences.

Now I'm back to seeing what I want to see - phew!

"Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.