Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stolen and disappeared in "Find My Phone"

Unfortunately my wife's phone got stolen on Wednesday night. I logged into her iCloud account by "Find My Phone" but it had been turned off and could not track the location. Then I locked it remotely. Later it appeared for a while in another district but soon became offline again. The police said unless we could keep tracking the location, the past location did not provide much value.

She bought a new iPhone 6 last night and restore it from the iCloud backup. This morning I checked "Fine My Phone" again but found nothing new (the stolen phone still offline), and then I sent the remote wipe instruction on next time it connects to Internet.

Here is the weird part:

My wife got an SMS this morning from "info.imessage.id@icloud.com" with the message below:

"Dear XXX (my wife's name),

Lost mode iPhone has been found now.

If you want to get more information, please go to http://page-icloud.com/?token=492d878a-8

Thanks

Apple Support"

By instinct I suspected it could be a phishing address. However, after I googled it for a while, there was nothing mentioned about this "page-icloud.com", and when I visited this address, it was basically pointed to "icloud.com" (I tried the exact link with a wrong password but it did have background validation). Then I decided to give it a go. After logging into this address, it brought me to "Fine My Phone" and I could see the real time location of my wife's newly bought iPhone 6. However, I could not see other devices any more. There used to be the stolen phone (offline though) and my wife's old iPhone 4S, but now only the new phone can be seen.

Does any one have any idea about why the device list of "Find My Phone" got cleared? Or did any one receive the similar SMS about "page-icloud.com" and had a proof that it was a phishing address (or something that can trigger the removal on device records)?

Even that thief was captured by CCTV, there is little hope for the police to catch him or get our phone back. And now the weird device record lost in "Find My Phone"...... This is so frustrating...

Appreciate your ideas. Thanks.

BR,

Richard

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 5:39 AM

Assad, when you say that you opened the page, what do you mean? A Safari page? If so follow my advice below, but first if you did not provide any info on the Safari page or otherwise they did NOT steal your ID or anything else, you would have had to enter info into the page yourself so rest assured. However you need to go into Settings, Safari, and clear history and data to remove any cookies that could have placed, that is all.

elcpu

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2015 5:39 AM in response to F.A. Assad

Assad, when you say that you opened the page, what do you mean? A Safari page? If so follow my advice below, but first if you did not provide any info on the Safari page or otherwise they did NOT steal your ID or anything else, you would have had to enter info into the page yourself so rest assured. However you need to go into Settings, Safari, and clear history and data to remove any cookies that could have placed, that is all.

elcpu

Jun 1, 2017 7:37 AM in response to zricyan

I have the same problem 2 weeks ago I lost my brand new iPhone 7, and I have 2 iPhone 5s and 7 so I got my iPhone 7 stolen and I was able to track it and 5 days later was offline. Then another week later disappeared from find my iPhone.

It's really frustrating and iPhone are expensive we guess also higher security phones.

But what's the point?.. of have IPhone expensive iPhone and it's still useless when you lost it.

Aug 20, 2015 9:43 PM in response to elcpu

I am replying to you again to emphasize that you need to act fast. Do as modular said above and change the iCloud password now but the problem is that if they got into your phone, and it looks like they did, they can now look at all the data you had stored there and extract all the info they want. Hopefully you know what you had stored in your phone and you need to act promptly as these creeps will try to use this info before you stop it. Don't know what country you are in or what time it is there (DON'T TELL ME HERE AS ANYONE CAN READ THESE MESSAGES). If the Apple Store where you bought your 6 is open now go there right away. I am sorry that this happened to you. Good luck again....

Aug 21, 2015 7:12 AM in response to zricyan

zricyan wrote:

I am in HK and will have a try with the Apple Stores here. They always require a booking record for face-to-face support, but normally you could only get a vacancy after 2 days...

Hi zricyan, hope that by now you have made progress, a stolen phone is a nightmare. I am in Texas and the Apple Stores here are equally well booked. Regardless, this is worth a shot. Call the store and explain your situation. This is not an ordinary technical appointment where everyone has to wait their turn. If necessary ask to speak with the Manager and explain your urgency. Apple, at least here in the US, is quite accommodating when the need is legitimate and yours certainly is - kind of like going to the emergency room at a hospital and being moved ahead of the queue as needed. If possible, I would not wait two days.....

BTW, I love HK, used to go there in the old days and there was nothing like landing at Kai Tak... (shows my age, doesn't it). I know it is now a cruise terminal.

Good luck...

elcpu

Aug 22, 2015 6:01 PM in response to zricyan

HI guys,

i have got a same peoblem,my wife lost her phone today,i downloaded find my phone app and tried it.Cant track the phone because it showes on the screen her phone is offline .can yoh please help me guys how to activate find my phone App on her mobile? How can i track her if its offline or what can i do ? Please help me guys!

THanks

raymond

Aug 22, 2015 6:23 PM in response to szabinafromwest malling

The Find My iPhone app on her phone has nothing to do with locating her phone. It's used for her to locate other devices. Find my iPhone is activated with iCloud settings. If the wasn't done before she lost it, there's nothing you can do now. If it was activated and the phone is offline because it's powered off, put it in "Lost mode" Wth your app or on the loud page.

Aug 23, 2015 2:25 AM in response to zricyan

zricyan:

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday, and I am baffled as much as you over this. However, I have a possible explanation for why the stolen iPhone didn't show up in "Find iPhone". I think it simply got wiped, since you had set it to self erase.

The page where you went, is a legit and run by apple, and there is extra characters (or tokens) at the end of the link which I have no knowledge about. But simply going to that page, as I did, could not bring harm to you, as far as I know, unless one the experts here could vie to its contrary.

Please let me know how it went, if you did end up going to the apple store. Thank you 🙂

iPhone stolen and disappeared in "Find My Phone"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.