Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Supervising iOS device on Profile Manager

Hi,

I faced this issue trying to set the iOS device as supervise mode.

I managed to setup and link the device into profile manager, however, they are showing as not supervised.

How can i change the mode to allow supervision of the devices?

Thanks.

Posted on Aug 20, 2015 9:26 PM

2 replies

Oct 11, 2015 9:05 AM in response to Jeff@c

Jeff,

i'd like some Apple guru to comment here, but based on my experience, there are different terms of enrolling a device to PM (=unsupervised) and enrolling it to DEP, as well as using Apple Configurator (=supervised). See here:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/105090/converting-unmanaged-to-managed- devices-in-ios-7-ota

This is beyond my grasp why, since in both cases you as admin have a decent control over the device, including remote wipe! But it has some nasty practical differences as well: you cannot rename an "unsupervised" device under PM. All in all very badly designed and developed product, but that is what you get for 20 bucks.

Best.

Oct 12, 2015 6:19 AM in response to bo@app

Hi bo@app,

Thanks for your reply, i actually combined both the activator and PM to get more control. By using activator to supervise the device and link it to PM before issuing to users. In that way, the device is in supervised mode and still being able to be control and managed by profile manager.

Supervising iOS device on Profile Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.