Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Publishing I-Web

My publishing with I-Web with a question for when Domain's are created in the folder, dated. My understanding is that you can publish to a user folder, and to the hosted sight. That this will create your domain in your I-Web folder. My question for creating this published domain; is this the only way to create a dated domain by publishing to the hosted sight?

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), null

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 12:16 AM

5 replies

Aug 21, 2015 2:21 AM in response to Photofocuse

iWeb currently offers two options to publish a Site.

To a folder

To a remote server with FTP

There are no other options in iWeb.

FTP is the obvious one, because most remote servers will only support FTP.

When you make changes, only the changes are published.

The files and folders will have the date/time of publishing.

If you want different versions of your published site, you either have to publish to a new folder or change the directory-path on the server. iWeb will notice it, and will publish the entire site.

Sep 1, 2015 7:54 PM in response to Wyodor

Sorry about the confusion.

The kinds of domain results I have been having had trying to figure out the how my domain folder was acting on no changes I made, published or not. Saved only the published results until I made adjustments and republished. That always changed the domain, as would any saved results I created in the application folder to its domain. Have on a flash drive the published results for the domain as a back up. Do this each time. Theres the question. How can the domain change it storage results?

Publishing I-Web

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.