Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BootCamp 6 update not available on MacBook Pro mid 2012 with Windows 10

Hi,

I share with you my issue concerning the update of BootCamp 6 on my MacBook Pro 15' non retina (mid 2012 / bought in December 2012).

Until last week, I had BootCamp 5.0 with Windows 8.1 on my MacBook and Microsoft gives me the opportunity to make an upgrade on Windows 10.

After that, as I had drivers problems (some touches of my keyboard do not work), I wanted to update my BootCamp for the 6.0 version.

I followed the Apple procedure making updates boting on iOS and then making updates booting on BootCamp/Windows.....nevertheless, the BootCamp 6.0 update is not propose when I launch Apple Software Update.

Based on this context, how can I install BootCamp 6? Could you provide a direct link or something else to allow me to make the update and using fully my MacBook Pro?

I really thank you in advance for your help.

Julien (from France! sorry for my english!!!)

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 2:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 6:53 AM

BC6 Drivers can be downloaded using Bootcamp Assistant in the US. They will get pushed slowly through to other countries. BC6 Assistant is part of El Capitan.

If you have updated to Windows 10, you should run Apple Software Update.

BC6 Download Drivers (modified the directory slightly for me needs).

User uploaded file

BC6 Apple Software Update on W10.

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2015 6:53 AM in response to JulienBT

BC6 Drivers can be downloaded using Bootcamp Assistant in the US. They will get pushed slowly through to other countries. BC6 Assistant is part of El Capitan.

If you have updated to Windows 10, you should run Apple Software Update.

BC6 Download Drivers (modified the directory slightly for me needs).

User uploaded file

BC6 Apple Software Update on W10.

User uploaded file

BootCamp 6 update not available on MacBook Pro mid 2012 with Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.