Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth keyboard needs to be repaired after every reboot, WHY?????

I have a late 2012 mini running the latest Yosemite. I use an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Trackpad with it. When I first paired up the trackpad and keyboard everything went fine. Shutdown the computer for the night and the next morning on boot trackpad found but with the keyboard nothing but "Keyboard could not be found, searching......". So go through the whole re-pair again. OK done. Use it for the day, switch off, rinse repeat. Same BS EVERY day some times taking two and three tries to get this stupid keyboard working. I have to do the following to get it to work:

1. Switch off the keyboard

2. Make sure the old keyboard is deleted (the one I JUST added yesterday.....)

3. Click 'add keybaord'

4. push the power butting and hold

5. Click "Add keyboard" whilst never letting go of the power button. Wait...sometimes a few minutes.

6. If I'm lucky enought to get to the pairing routine the first time, complete and I'm good, for the day.

Trackpad ALWAYS works. Anyone have any ideas and why this keyboard does this? There are no moving parts and two fresh batteries. I've done the swap wiht 2 or three sets and same thing. It's hugely aggravating to have to go through this crappy re-pair routine every day. I'm to the point of throwing this keyboard against a wall! Any help in avoiding this scenario would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 12:36 AM

There are no replies.

Bluetooth keyboard needs to be repaired after every reboot, WHY?????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.