Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth connectivity issues after upgrading to iOS 8.4.1

I just upgraded the iOS on my iPhone 6 to version 8.4.1 (12H321) and now my phone won't connect by bluetooth to the audio player in my car (Audi Q7 MMI). The device shows up when searching for new bluetooth devices, but the audio player connection fails. The handsfree phone function works, but it seems to cut out sporadically. I've tried forgetting the device, restarting the phone, turning the system on and off, but nothing seems to work. All this started after upgrading the iOS; everything worked like a charm before. Anyone experiencing the same problem or know of a solution?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 12:53 AM

4 replies

Aug 30, 2015 8:54 PM in response to NoTime2Waste

I got the same problem with iPhone 6 on 2015 BMW 5-series since upgrade to 8.4.1. No media connection with Bluetooth and USB.

While Bluetooth connects on both iPhone and under BMW settings/devices, the BMW media player actually says iPhone not connected, so I can't play any music. While connected, I also can't open any music apps on the iPhone 6, such as Apple Music, Spotify, iMusic, Audible etc.

I reset the Bluetooth connection several times, deleting it from both devices, but didn't bring any success.

Bluetooth connectivity issues after upgrading to iOS 8.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.