Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort "Recently Added" playlist by Date Added?

I mostly listen to my "Recently Added" smart playlist. I sort it by the Date Added column in descending order, which means I see the songs added in the past few weeks at the top. Since updating to iTunes 12, my Recently Added playlist sorts the songs in alphabetical order. I can't find any way to change the sort order in iTunes on my MacBook Air, or on my iPhone 5S.

How can I change the sort order for this playlist, and have that sort order be available on my phone's Recently Added playlist?

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 5:22 AM

That is one of those things that became harder in 12.2. But it can still be done. Open the playlist. At the upper right, change it to "Songs" view, and then set "Sort By" to "Date Added" as shown.

User uploaded file

10 replies

Aug 21, 2015 8:32 PM in response to johnnygoodface

Actually, you can try this for your iOS device:

Get the playlist sorted how you want it in iTunes first. Then Ctrl-click on the playlist name and select "Copy to play order" ... that locks the sort order to how it looks at that moment. Now re-sync your iOS device. That should do it, but you may need to delete (un-sync) the playlist from the device and then add it back.

Sort "Recently Added" playlist by Date Added?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.