Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi issues in iOS 8.4.1

I recently updated my iPad Air & iPhone 5s with iOS 8.4.1, since then there has been an issue with wifi connectivity which was not there earlier. After going into sleep mode the wifi automatically disconnects. Also once I get them out of sleep mode every time I have to manually enter the username & password of my wifi network which is really irritating. The auto join & login is enabled but still I have to do it manually every time. Is there a solution to this problem, I hope for a new update to fix this software problem.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 3:18 AM

5 replies

Aug 21, 2015 3:35 AM in response to Pushy Chau

Take a look at this Apple Support article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051

Reset your network settings.

Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Aug 21, 2015 1:07 PM in response to thunderzzz

Tried a whole lot of things. Already reset network settings, tried switching off find my i phone, done forget network & a number of things in various permutations & combinations...but it just doesnt seem to work. Planned to uninstall the update but from discussions on various forums thought it was not a good idea. Last thing left is back to factory settings but then I would loose a lot of data & apps since they cannot be backed up.......Wondering what to do

Aug 22, 2015 8:22 AM in response to Pushy Chau

SSame issue here. My wifi worked flawlessly until I updated to 8.4. Now it drops wifi every 30 seconds, won't join network automatically. I'm burning through data because every time I look, I'm back on 4g. I too have tried everything you mention and more short of the freezer trick and a total restore. None of my other devices are having an issue.

Wifi issues in iOS 8.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.